Sunday, September 17, 2006

Exploration









Connor is now all around the house. This week he discovered how to travel to the bird room. For some of you that don't know, we have four birds: A Military Macaw, Merlin; a Senegal Parrot, Oliver; a Yellow Nape Amazon, Titus; and an Indian Ringneck, Ringo. I guess he went toward the bird noises. We keep the birds in one room of the house so their noise can be contained and also to separate them from Connor's immediate curiosity. I don't want him to get hurt and get a complex about them. It will take some time for the birds to get used to him as well... all of them, except for Oliver, are completely scared of him. Oliver is such a brave little bird that is oblivious to his size; I don't think that bird is scared of anything or any bird no matter how big... not even of Gromit... he actually attacks Gromit... it is quite the sight... I should probably put that on video. Well here are some pictures of Connor's exploration... Enjoy! I also included a picture of Gromit lounging on the sofa flipping through the channels like he always does.. hee hee. Gromit is Connor's buddy... he almost always gets caught in pictures with him.

3 comments:

S. Oliver said...

I didn't know you guys had four(?)birds. You've seen our one :). My brother has a blue fronted Amazon (Simon). One of the first phrases each of his kids all said was "bird bite, no touch". None of them have ever been bitten. My brother on the hand, Silly boy doesn't learn.

Connor is looking so big!! He is really cute too.
-shelly

Peters' Family said...

Thanks... Yes four birds :) Eric and I got them when we were living in the Philadelphia area. Merlin is our adopted bird... but the rest we raised them since they were babies... they are so sweet... Merlin on the other hand only likes me and tolerates Eric... that is just how some birds are I guess. But yes that is a phrase that we will have to start teaching him :)

Unknown said...

Okay, Connor and Grommit are so cute. It looks like they both have the same look on their face!! :)